Monday, June 28, 2004

Wow this blogger thing sure has ground to a halt. Only 2 postings in the last 3 weeks. Has the novelty worn off already?

So what's everyone listening to these days? Needless to say given the assinine prices for CDs in Europe I brought back nothing from the continent. I did pick up 3 new discs on Friday: Wilco, Chris Potter and a new Hummel disc on Naxos that's been receiving glowing reviews. I only had time to listen to the Chris Potter over the weekend and it's a fine disc. Too bad I missed him at the Senator this weekend.

A guy here at work lent me Tim Buckley's "Starsailor" disc over the weekend and it's quite the disc. Can't really come up with a reference point (yodelling after all) and that's probably a good thing. His version of "Song for the Siren" (which I only know from an 80's cover version) is stunning. Does anyone know if this is considered his masterwork or should I look for another?

In case I didn't say it often enough last Wednesday, what a great concert!! Makes me awfully leery about buying the album due in the fall however. How can they possibly replicate that energy in the studio?

No comments: