Friday, November 04, 2005

Have any of you lads purchased anything from iTunes? I was browsing their site last night and the soundtrack to the movie "The Squid and the Whale" was available for $9.99 which is a much better price than Sams who are selling it for $24.99. At least they have it as they seem to be the only place in town that does. But despite my best trawl through customer support (an oxymoron for our times if ever there was one) I could find no indication anywhere that the $9.99 that I would fork over would be in Canadian currency. Does anyone know if the prices posted are in $US or $CDN.

This month appears to be a good time if you're a Coltrane fan, and who isn't. Not only did we see the release of the Coltrane/Monk disc but now there is a double live CD release from 1965 with Coltrane, Tyner, Jones and Garrison. It received a 5 star review in this months Downbeat and you can check out another review here.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=19317

I picked it up at Sams earlier this week for $14.99 which may have been a bargoon as it's selling at HMV for about $33 which is similar to some prices I've seen on-line.

No comments: