Monday, December 17, 2007

Kyle, interesting list. Derek and Stuart, cool lists too. Thanks. Marc, wow, I didn't know you were into that type of music. Neat.

My pop/rock faves for 2007, tempered by the fact that I haven't heard many of the albums being pegged as best of the year, which in itself is moderated by the fact that I probably won't like a bunch of them anyway, are:

Broken West - I Can't Go On I'll Go On
The Earlies - Enemy Chorus
His Name is Alive - Sweet Earth Flower (tribute to Marion Brown) - this is really a jazz record by a pop band.
Apples In Stereo - New Magnetic Wonder
The Besnard Lakes - Dark Horse
Les Savy Fav - Let's Stay Friends (just started listening to it, but me likey)
The Teeth - You're My Lover
Imperial Teen - The TV, the Baby, etc etc

As a sidebar, I tend to find that pop music is filling the "lighter" space in my musical spectrum (unlike say anytime prior to about 2000 or so) and I look to jazz and classical for deeper heavier stuff.

No comments: