Thursday, February 21, 2008

I agree w Kyle that its a little difficult and maybe "what its not" helps... I also think it is very difficult to describe a style or intellectual movement or direction, which one is actually in it...I find you really need to distence yourself from something to see it clearly, so this discussion is perhaps premature, however that said , I see there is a return to folk influences and analogue like realness in music (of course I may be reading "the rest is noise" to much) , but if you look at that whole folk sych movement and even Carabou returning to natural sounds and instrumentation... Fiest with a world music type of sound....also the simple rock realness of the strokes, the white stripes going back to rural blues influences, led zepplin returning to critical aclaim...etc,...

No comments: