Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ah, I do love the concert footage of da Boss when he was still adopting the curly haired NY artiste persona, before he started wearing jeans and plaid shirts.  He was bona fide cool back then.  That's a pretty unambitious little number mind you.

In terms of other instrumentals by non-instrumental bands (I like the question, good little mind bender), I can think of a few more or less of the top of my head, particularly from the 60's, and carrying on the tradition of finding youtube clips:  Simon and Garfunkel's Anji, from their Sounds of Silence record, nice little latin-jazzy number; Quicksilver Messenger Service's Gold and Silver, a 5/4 minor key from one of my fave Frisco bands of the sixties (pretty lo-fi live performance in that extremely lame clip); and finally Captain Soul , which might be the worst song The Byrds ever recorded, particularly from their peak 1965-67 period.

No comments: