Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Albums to come shortly, but for now, I thought I'd post my favourite songs of the year. Where possible, I have embedded YouTube clips. I'll save the deconstruction/explanations for the albums.

It goes without saying that many of these will be making an appearance on your christmas discs. Mike, since I won't see you in time for the holidays, I'll make you a special groundhog's day disc.

10. Fat Hooks - Odd Nosdam

9. Her Morning Elegance - Oren Lavie





8. Creeper - Islands


7. Dead Sound - The Raveonettes



6. In the New Year - The Walkmen



5. Creature Fear - Bon Iver



4. Never Stops - Deerhunter




3. Fairie Dance - Plants & Animals



2. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes


1. Cape Canaveral - Conor Oberst


Honourable Mentions: Everybody Here is a Cloud - The Cloud Cult, Gila - Beach House, Sex Tourists - The French Kicks, Travel in Time - Marching Band, River Card - Atlas Sound

No comments: