Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Metabeast is awesome. It's actually the way I think of myself. Particularly the meta part. The meaning of which, incidentally, I debated with my friend Steve Ketola the other day. He very confidently stated that it meant "above" in Greek. I had thought it more like "beside" or "beyond". In fact, looking at the definition on m-w, it looks like like it is one of the more complex (and flexible) prefixes around. Which leaves me with the question, what did each of you think we've been meaning by Metabeats all these years?

Another nomination from me, a great track from a record that perhaps didn't get the kudos it deserved because the man in question made the poor career move of stabbing himself in the chest before releasing it. I say that in jest but actually am (or certainly was) v. saddened by it. From a Basement might be my favourite record of his.








No comments: