Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yes indeed, the combo of 'pics and my annoyingly over-full life is keeping me from enjoying many of the finer things in life - like new music. On that note, in the eternal balance between pop, jazz, and classical music, I have definitely skewed towards the first in the past six months, and expect the pendulum to swing back over the next little while, likely first towards some good old-fashioned symphony music. Any recommendations (doesn't just have to be orchestral) of faves - recent recordings to throw at me? Failing that, jazz (old or new)?

Stu I recall you looking for some good electro fusion last year or so ago - I recently came across a great recording from 1972 or so by Larry Willis called "Inner Crisis". Give it a listen (it's on emusic) if you're still in the market for some nice energized e-jazz.

Re sports themes, the one that springs to mind for me (credit to Oliver as he loves this song) is We Are the Champions. Bit of a lighter-waver but still, not bad. Another one, "Hey Hey Hey - Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam. I hope to be singing one or both of those at about 5:45 tomorrow.

No comments: