Wednesday, September 08, 2010

On another, not Kim Carnes or Juice Newton like note, this is a pretty sweet day on e-music. The new Interpol, Thermals and Clientele disc all up for grabs.

On the other hand about 2 weeks ago I rather peremptorily purchased for a whopping $5 the new Sufjan Stevens "EP" possibly 10 minutes before it became available on e-music. I know many of you are fans but I haven't heard anyone chiming in on this one. I haven't given it enough listens to comment yet but I completely agree with this review of the closing track:

And all this before we even get to the 17-minute 'Djohariah', a tribute to Sufjan’s oddly-named sister. Hidden in its endless dirge, somewhere, is a song. But listeners must endure no less than ten minutes of truly awful 'challenging' guitar solos before they get there. That a musician capable of such artistry should submit such a risible piece of fret-wank nonsense to tape is a baffling thing indeed.

No comments: