Monday, August 01, 2011

Nice post Kyle. Have been to Chicago several times but sadly have never seen the Marina City buildings or at least wasn't sober enough to recognize them as such. Found it quite astonishing the number of potential album covers they run through before they decide on the right fit. Technology obviously makes that a much easier process.

I'm sure in the grand old days of full blown LP covers there wasn't as much deliberation over album artwork. Anyone care to throw out their fave 3, 5, 10 album covers in their collection. I'll post a few of my faves shortly. Kyle your participation is not required seeing as how you no longer own any music that comes with a cover.

I've spent a fair bit of time Brian pondering your question re predecessor bands coming to my attention after the fact and outshining their musical spin-offs and I can't think of a single example. Maybe it's because I'm just so plugged in.

August 18th works for me.

No comments: