Monday, August 09, 2004

I suppose if we are serious about picking 5 songs from the 70's we should really select them now prior to actually hearing the 8 choices from the radio show this week. So here goes for my guess at what the rather hit and miss panel at CBC will choose as the ultimate 70's tunes.

The Clash - London Calling
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
The Eagles - Hotel California
Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Given last weeks affinity for selecting Motown numbers I was tempted to put Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder on this list (Inner City Blues and Superstition) but I'll leave it at the list above. Please note that no Bowie, Floyd, Springsteen, Stones, Costello, Who, or Neil Young made my list. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't have chosen them in my personal list but I'm just trying to fathom Ghomeshi and his gang.

I will follow up later with my personal choices for the best 5 of the 80's. Much more my home turf as it were.

No comments: