Monday, August 23, 2004

Well I see no one has posted their 90's picks so let me bat leadoff. I did happen to catch today's first segment and heard the first two songs selected by the panel. It will come as no surprise to any of you that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" has been chosen. It would have made my list anyway so I'll limit my selection to 4 songs. I'm assuming that there's no way in hell that it doesn't make the shortlist of 5 songs. The second song they played today I would never have picked so I'll leave it at that. Word of warning: 2 of the 3 guest judges are women and with Jian coming in at ½ and ½ that means the panel is weighted towards the fairer sex. Alannis anyone?

CBC picks for the 90's:

Beck - Loser
Bjork - Big Time Sensuality
Moby - Porcelain
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Thanks to Brian for pointing out that my REM submission for the 80's (Losing My Religion) was in fact released in the 90's. As you can see I wont be submitting it for the appropriate decade.

No comments: