Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Kyle I couldnt agree more with you about the pure Nordic Bliss of the first (for me ) 2 albums of Sigour Rios.On a separate note I have been experiencing recurring Rod Stewart moments as of late... 1st Derek makes an oblique reference on the metabeats site, Then Kyle gives me a mix disc with Handbags and Gladrags on an otherwise recent releases mix, Then Yvette and I start watching "the office" on DVD and Handbags and Gladrags is the theme music. ( by the way the 4th episode of the office wherin our hero serenades his staff on guitar is pretty damn funny , but thats another topic).I thought I would recommend to any who missed Rods early career the first 3 records...The Rod Stewart Album..(with Handbags), Every Picture tells a Storey and Gasoline alley ( and maybe the Faces disc ..A Nods as Good as a Wink.... All of these (in particular the first 2 Rod discs) are still favorites of mine that get regular play and seem timeless in a Stones or Dylan kind of way.

No comments: