Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Going back to an earlier blogversation about live albums…I don’t recall if U2’s Rattle and Hum was mentioned. Sometimes I feel like a broken and somewhat shallow grooved record, going on about U2 incessantly…but here I go again…I happened to have a copy at the job site towards the end of last week when the not so proverbial shit was hitting the fan in the deep south and I was blow away by the way the album cast it’s tale of the struggles of the down trodden souls of the world…15 years on, and it is more poignant that the day it was conceived.

Being the follow up album to J Tree that is arguably one of the Greatest Rock Albums ever written and sandwiched by Achtung Baby, R&H somehow pales in comparison, but instead of competing with their studio albums, it tells the story of a voyage in a personal way that reaches deeply into the human experience…some experiences I can relate to, and others that I can gladly not.

“am I buggin’ you?…I don’t mean to bug you!…’k Edge, play the blues!”

No comments: