Monday, September 12, 2005

Since I'm blogging all over the damn place tonight I thought I'd mention that I listened to the entire Brian Wilson album "Smile" tonight. No, I didn't purchase it but borrowed it from the local library. So my only comment is, "what the fuck". This is a record that ended up #1 on the year end Metacritic list with an average score of 97.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/bests/2004.shtml

I kid you not, 90 fuckin 7. Perhaps these idiots/critics should listen to the Mamas and the Papas "Got a Feelin".

Tracks 1-16 of this record might as well be one continous 40 minute track as there are no discernible songs in this melange of crap. "Good Vibrations" at track 17 finally shakes up the proceedings and there is no doubt this is a classic. As for the preceeding fodder it can't hold a candle to this standout.

No comments: