Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I might have brought both of Matthew Shipp's 2003 discs, the Anti-pop collaboration as well as 'Equilibrium', which I actually like better than the collab, probably because I prefer Shipp's music to the rapping/lyricism of the Antipop folk.

As for disc-bringing strategies, I usually try to bring discs I feel that nobody else has heard, ostensibly with the goal of getting out the word on underappreciated musicians but secretly craving accolades for 'being in the know'. While we should be bringing all the music that we're currently enjoying, regardless of whether the disc languishes in obscurity or presently rules the pop charts, I think we also enjoy surprising each other (use of the word 'exposing' here would have been much gayer than your abandonned use of 'share', bri) with heretofore undiscovered gems . The solution would be to bring all the music that you've enjoyed, and if we've heard it already, we can either play, agree that it rocks and move onto something new, or harshly ridicule your taste in music with razor-like sarcasm dismissive hand waves and/or simultative jerking off gestures, as the case warrants.

Since the sun is peaking through the clouds, I suggest Marc that you scan over to 'White Light Generator', which is more of a shoe-gazing, My Bloody Valentine/Lush-ish, it's a cold day but it's getting warmer and isn't that the sun peaking through the clouds kind of track.

No comments: