Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sorry Stu I have been remiss in my postings of late. That date works plenty good for me but I know that Brian is writing his CFA exam on Saturday June 2 and would quite likely be m.i.a on that particular date. Can't speak for the rest of the crew so I will shut up now.

I paid a visit to Soundscapes 2 weekends ago for the first time since September 2006 and came out of the store with absolutely nada. Seems to me that the age of the brick and mortar record store has come and gone. Nearly every indie rock record I'm interested in is available on e-music and the hard to find classical or jazz is either on hand at Gregorian or is nowhere to be found in the city. Not sure what a hard working store like SS would need to do to earn back my hard earned money but their displays of new music a few weeks ago didn't inspire me in the least.

No comments: