Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thanks Derek, I will wait to hear from people before changing the date, just in case Brian and others can still make it....I can always shift it to june if its a bad date...So Brian? Kyle ? Marc? hellooooooooooo out there...
Re Soundscapes;
I was pondering that thought a little while back and my take on it is that they can still survive if
they maintain an edgy selection of music on the listening booths and in the store...
because many people cannot spend the time researching for the music they like as we do, and since commercial radio is getting so bad that even passive music fans are tired of it, stores like soundscapes fill a gap for people who walk in off the street and want a recommendation for a decent disc...granted younger people typically will go online, but as they age and you have kids and what not its still easy to drop by that store on a weeknight and pick somethibng up quickly... It will still be hard work for stores like this and I wouldnt plan on making millions if I was Greg....

No comments: