Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Dipper? Wasn't that your nickname in college, Bri?

Sorry I don't have much else right now. Just started my travels and don't have a lot of new music to talk about. Also, I don't want to spoil what is bound to be an exciting cd club meeting at Stuart's in less than 2 weeks time.

You voiced your disappointment with 80s music, and though I've blogged about this podcast previously, thought I'd repost for those of you who haven't had a chance to listen to it. Mostly funny, though I do take umbrage with the fact that they ignore some of the more interesting bands from that decade (i.e. The Cure, The Smiths) and focus on crappy top 40 stuff.

Given the inauguration today, Carrie Brownstein's (former Sleater Kinney member) blog post and musical suggestions are timely. I particularly like the inclusion of the Wilco track, 'Ashes of American Flags'.

No comments: