Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All Things is a great choice, one I hadn't though of, though I might say that the jam sides are pretty lame. If you're prepared to ignore that, then it's right up there with the best ever.

I still tend to think that the White Album is the one for me (and I like Piggies), for all of the reasons you suggest Kyle. London Calling is outstanding too, but just because Stuart couldn't contain his enthusiasm for it last week I'm going to relegate it to second. Other great choices are (as KP pointed out) Exile on Main Street (maybe a sober Stuart's number one?), and definitely The River, and perhaps Physical Graffiti, and Tommy and/or Quadrophenia.

Another great album that's a bit off the radar these days is Derek and the Dominoes only record - Layla and other assorted. And speaking of Clapton, some would say that Cream's Wheels of Fire is an all-time great. And moving onto other great guitar double records, Electric Ladyland might get some votes. For some non-prehistoric ones, how about Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation, or Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville?

No comments: