Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Thanks Brian for the recommendations. I downloaded the Matt Bauder disc as it was 7 tracks and that was my remaining allotment.

Next week sees the release of PJ Harvey's 8th album. Owning 3 of the previous 7 I find Polly Jean to be the most frustrating artist of my entire music listening experience. I know I should love what she does or at least feel moved by it in some small way but too often her albums have found me tuning out mid-record.

Well hallelujah for perseverance because after 3 (a new record) listens to the new record on NPR's First Listen site PJ and I have come to a wonderful mutual understanding. It is probably more polished than some of her earlier albums and she's certainly toned down some of the spazzed out shrieks of prior years. Let's call it her mature album. Simply put, I love it. Give it a listen.

Anyone else have an artist experience that it took 8 fuckin' records to connect with.

No comments: