Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Starfish = 1988. I must confess, though I've always loved the track off this album, I've never listened to the entire thing, an oversight I am currently rectifying through the magic of Rdio. So, definitely eligible for the best of the last 23 years, no less an arbitrary number that that selected by NME (I know, I know, they were consciously trying to come up with a post-grunge list...)

While I'm being cranky, is there anyone out there who's really into these reissues? I don't mean the Smashing Pumpkins specifically, though these are the two to own, but any type of reissue. I haven't really come across any that have added much value to my collection. Paler, unfinished versions of songs that didn't make the initial cut plus some warbling live performances thrown in don't compel me to fork over again for the same disc.

Again, we may have covered this territory already--after 7 years posting here, overlap is likely--but I'm wondering if any of you feel passionately about reissues either way. Am I completely misguided and ignorant. With regards to this issue, specifically, I mean.Link

No comments: