Thursday, May 31, 2012

I must admit to onlt knowing a few off that list.... Grimes is a record I just previewed last night and thiought would be a good summer disc, I am loving the Julia Holter disc, which Uncut put me onto a few weeks back, and i love the new Beach House , and am surprised to nsee mixed reviews on it........
anti beatles songs....??? inevitable I guess, ....I must say for a band I often critically deride, they still get a lot of airplay at my house, but thats a discussion we ahve all beenm down before

coincidentally her Kyle loaned me his LA nuggets box a few weeks ago and I have been immersed in it as of late... i tracked down the history onlt recently and was amused to see you lot on about it... we really do see too much of each other....

in addition to those mentioned above, new stuff I am listening too  ( as opposed to new releases);
memmoryhouse   the years ep...lovely laid back vibe like beach house on qualudes

all night radio...fantastic modernish but not really take on the 60's L.A. late 60's scene...really great this

destroyer kaputt....didnt like previewing it at all, but picked it up on Dereks advice anyways and didnt    really love it untill the warm weather hit...damn it makes a fine hot weather wine sipping disc of the summer

cant stop listening to EMA song california, not sure bout the rest of the disc

trent rezners ssoundtrack to the girl w the dragon tatoo makes for interesting early or late hours music to work to

rae spoon...fuckin fantastic electro pop from a person who sounds like a girl but aint... has that androgenous vocal over xx like minimalist electro beat...yum///!!!

finally a note to lamb lovers.... had a rachk of lamb bbq'ed w a oregon pino nopir and yes folks that combo can work...was always a sceptic , but after hearing various mentions that it was great have dabbled and if its a heavyer pino its a great combo...highly recommended...





No comments: