Thursday, June 28, 2012

18 for 18?

Gents, my goodness all is somnambule on the Beats of Meta. So,I've been flipping through the "allmusic 20's" in recent days, in some cases admiring, in others, questioning and criticizing the best 20 picks from some of their writers. Given that we have been a Meta group for (roughly?) 18 years, which is a stunning fact in its own right, I thought it might be worthwhile for each of us to list our favourite 18 albums, or just pieces of music, from the last 18 years. I'll give mine some thought, particularly with an eye to avoiding the old familiar choices. As a P.S., I was amused and then (post-listening)very pleased to see and hear that Beachwood Sparks have released a new record this week after a 10-year haiatus!? Their ears must have been burning.

No comments: