Sunday, August 25, 2013

Terrific job on the indie list there Brian and Kyle.  I gave the 26 tracks my full attention this morning.  Perfect mix of bands I don't know but should (The Love Language, Kitchen's Floor, Alexander), some I do but songs are new to me (Tricky), some artists I'll never dig (Laura Veirs, Kendrick Lamar) and a sprinkling of songs that make you go a-ha right in the wheelhouse (Richard and Linda Thompson, Crystal Castles).  Never less than interesting which is where too much radio goes wayward and definitely the case with 88.1.  How many fucking times do I need to hear Metric who haven't been cutting edge in almost a decade.

I have taken the liberty of adding 14 "new" tracks bringing the playlist up to a nice round 40.

I think the idea of keeping this thing organic is a great one.  Sort of supplements the CD club in some sense.

No comments: