Friday, February 04, 2005

I would agree with the Band, Sloans' twice removed, Neils Harvest, Daniels' Acadie as all faves of mine and I'd add in no particular order:
1) Neil Yonge's - On the Beach (side 2 being my favorite single LP side period)
2)Gord Lightfoots - Summerside of life (side 1 being my favorite single LP side period)
3) Joni Mitchels Ladies of the canyon ( the perfect rainy day record)
4) L. Cohens -Songs of ...( the perfect late nite by yourself and a little wasted)
5) Bruce Cochburn- Stealing Fire.. (still hangs together really well notwithstanding that 80's production)
6)Spirit of the West- (Faithlift) (perfect mix of celtic and alt rock)
7)Blue Rodeo- 5 days in July (Keelers depiction of standing under that streetlight as the snow falls after you have fucked up has to be the quintesential depiction of the canadian moment, (mine repeatedly anyways))
8)Lowest of the low- Shakepere- ( to make you forget what you fucked up - see item 7 above)
9)Destroyer- Bejars glam rock twisted lyrics opus that has melody and musical twists that never tire from repeated listens)
10)Neils -Rust never sleeps ( for making me survive my youth)

No comments: