Tuesday, February 01, 2005

People, people, people. Four days without a blog. Four lonely days. Quiet and lonely. Four. I'll be fine.

OK, re the much ballyhooed Brian Doyle Best Canadian albums of all time...was that my imagination or did I hear a collective gasp of excitement?

Here they are:

1 - Harvest - Neil Young. I expounded on this at the Vino Espanol Noce but am prepared to argue it again. But it's obvious, so figure it out. A case could be made for the top five all being Neil Young.

2 - Sloan - Twice Removed. Best Sloan album by far if you ask me (didn't you?). How is it they've become (almost) a parody of themselves?

3 - Circle C - Great eponymous angst-rock album from Vancouver-based group in the early nineties. Only album they released and you'll likely never find it anywhere (helpful eh?) - I'll bring it along to the next music club.

4 - The Band - Music From Big Pink. Phenomenal songs from start to finish, and played with a beautiful looseness that has inspired musicians ever since.

5 - Hayden - Skyscraper National Park. My favourite album of his - I love this guy - though I think a compilation of his best songs is better than any one album, unlike some artists.

Done for now.....and expecting this to generate some excitement.

In the unlikely event that nobody cares, perhaps I can entice you to consider (and blog on) the Best English albums of all time. Or is that the same as the best albums of all time?

No wait, Dylan's a Yank. And REM. And Nirvana. The Pixies too. Somebody stop me....






No comments: