Friday, August 25, 2006

Just catching up on my NPR: All Songs Considered podcasts and came across a discussion of Paste Magazine's 100 Best Living Songwriters so of course I've linked to it here and you're, as always, welcome to leave your comments.

What struck me in hearing this list read out and then looking through it online:

  • so many great living musicians, so few great albums these days
  • Cat rates two below Sufjan, in the Battle of the Stevens department
  • seeing Ray Davies at #41 must have the denizens of Pitchfork media in a tizzy, given the number of Kinks songs they included in the Top 200 singles from the 60s
  • hurray for the inclusion of Public Enemy and its location in the same bracket as Loretta Lynn
  • i'm so addicted to these lists and can't really help but link to them

I'm an 80s guy so I'm thinking Robert Smith (The Cure) should have been included.

Any glaring omissions for you?

-
-NPR podcasts are awesome...really, you need to subscribe

No comments: