Friday, June 08, 2007

Very nice get together last night. Curious that no one brought up the new Arcade Fire which I incidentally brought but neglected to play under the assumption that every one owned it, but did want to hear peoples opinion on it. I for one think it rocks. It’s a cohesive thematic album that has enough of a departure to keep the AC sound fresh and has a smattering of cuts with great commercial singles potential. I think it was an admirable follow up and I think it will wear quite well.

The Ex with Getatchew Mekuria & Guests, Moa Anbessa
The Good, The Bad & The Queen
Pawa Up First, Introducing New Details

Incidentally, The Ex is playing on Sat 23 of June at Lee’s if anyone would like to join me. I currently have a ticket available and would pick one up for anyone else that wants one. …and yes I am now cognisant of the fact that the 23 rd is not this Sat nor the next, and the Ex does not open until August!

No comments: