Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I have noticed that occasionally when some music great dies, famous or obscure, one of us will wright a small obit on metabeats, and so I note with interest, no one has commented on the late oscar petterson. Perhaps this is an oversite or you are all too busy, but I was hoping one of you would have because I dont get what all the fuss is about him . He is noted as the most significant pianist in jazz quite often and even though that term gets used a lot especially in obituarys, he is at the very least near the top... I love jazz piano but I have never really been wowed by anything of his, but perhaps one needs to be a muscician to get the art of his craft....it always seemed a bit emotionless to me.. comments would be greatly appreciated to enlighten the unenlightened...

No comments: