Monday, January 28, 2008

On my top 10 albums of 2006 list I posted the following on this blog:

"Field Music - self-titled - another disc from 2005 that I came late to. Really the only true indie pop record that appears on my list. Fans of the Shins, High Llamas, Apples in Stero should give them a spin."

I purchased Field Music's first album on CD and then in short succession I went out and downloaded their "Tones of Town" album from e-music early in 2007 and perhaps it's just that they are a band that from song to song tends to keep things pretty similar I never did get in to their sophomore release with any great conviction. I just gave the record another spin tonight and granted tracks 1, 2 and 3 are pretty brilliant but the rest of the album falls off rather quickly for me after that early zenith.

No comments: