Friday, February 13, 2009

i have to say that males outnumber females in my collection, that is not surprising as I would bet there are more males then females in pop rock, (as this is seen as a primary means of getting laid to all guys).
I am however very much enamoured by many female artists and find no difficulty in making a list of female artists who are at the top of my absolute favorite artisits.. (granted that is a big list)...
I will have to check out the cockteau twins and try for Nico once again though I fear Nico lands on my list of hip artisits I dont get... although Nico could also be on the list of artisits that Brian is frankly wrong about, and that is a big list too... )
Some of the favorites in no particular order are:
Bjork,
Janis
Sinnead,
Dionne Warwick
Stevie Nicks
Sandy denny
Neco Case
Emmy LouHarris
Patsy cline
Joni Mitchell
Kate Bush
Julie Doiron
Marianne faithfull
Natalie Merchant
etc....
all these gals spend much time every year w me so to speak...

No comments: