Monday, June 01, 2009

My only reference point for Jackson Browne is a mid-80s song that featured then-girlfriend (his, not mine, to clarify) Daryl Hannah in the video. Something about depending on me. I could easily look up and post the youtube video but it's not worth the keystrokes.

I also won't post a clip that a university friend emailed me recently of a toothless shane mcgowan performing 'Fairytale...' live sometime in the past few years. Not because I don't think that the song and the emotional performance are worthwhile, but because it was kind of difficult to watch someone in such a deteriorated state. We've talked a bit in the past about the poetic nature of suffering in music, particularly when it comes to some (most?) jazz greats, but watching it unfold before you in documentary or online video instantly takes the romance out of that notion.

Hoping to discuss further on June 18th...any chance of a child-sports-related reason to journey to Toronto on that date, Mike?

No comments: