Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I previewed it Kyle and nehhhed it for the reasons you suggested....
On a second note...... I was listening to Ron Sexsmith Radio this am, (otherwise known as CBC) ,
and they played a new track of his new album (which sounds like every song he has ever wrote) and I could have sworn it had autotune on it... which is a topic not yet discussed herein.... I am sure I have misconceptions about it and wonder if any of you are more up on this new trend:
1) IS it autotune when you are listening to a track (Ala Sexsmith) and you hear a kind of synthesised affect sometimes very subtle , sporadically throughoput the song? Kind of like that CHER video of 5 years ago (or longer) but much more subtle or.....
2) Is autotune used only on purpose by pop artists for that dramatically distorted vocal (Ala Cher)
I realise it can correct bad vocals , (you here it on the Egolillies first disc frequently) , but I think it can be used for supossed artistic affect too??? Correct?
s

No comments: