Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ah the dangers of the iWorld that we live in. Not only do we have to watch our backs now that iPhones are tracking every move you and I make (well you at least) but beware the dangers of the iPod shuffle play during family dinner.

Earlier this week as we segued from Maurizo Pollini to Joe Henderson we were met by the blast that is Modest Mouse's "Shit Luck" track #11 from their 1997 album "The Lonesome Crowded West". It now appears to be Ciaran's new favourite song as he has asked me to play it each night when I get home from work and it now sits atop my iPod's most played list alongside the National's "Bloodbuzz Ohio" which he doesn't give a fig about.

Scary enough that my 4 year old son digs a song this dark but it pales in comparison to what I had to go through in my house when I was a child.

No comments: