Monday, April 25, 2011

I am a fan Brian....Saw him about 10 years back at Roy Thompson, although that particular work never resonated ( cant even recal the piece) others have over the years... I particularly like his disc "solo piano" of which there are variations on metamorphosis...and also his score for the hours ( a movie I only saw for the first time last year and it blew my small mind to pieces... i have heard rumour that the author of the story was inspired by glass ...) I also like his violin concerto and if yopu really dig crazy shit .. whuich you do.... then try 'Hydrogen Jukebox' an opera of sorts libreto by Ginsberg with his voice narrating over some parts, which I only cue up on my cd player when under a few or more glasses of wine.... not to be braved straight buit sublime if the mood catches you.....the only trouble with his music is a certain sameness but the sound is really his alone

No comments: