Sunday, December 04, 2011

Derek, with all due respect (of which i have come to realise there is little around here) set me straight on something. The other night over beers you claimed to not be a fan of lyrics and exclaimed "who listens to lyrics?". That being the case how can you possibly like the new Kate Bush album in which the lyrics are so front and center; I call bullshit! Are the words just notes to you? Do you not hear the words? Do you not take meaning from them? If that is the case, that you do not take meaning from the words and have not thought about "50 Words For Snow" how can you disagree with me about my the offense to the song?

1 comment:

Derek said...

It's just a song on an album. It is hardly likely to espouse one's entire political world view. A bit of whimsy at most. You don't like the song or the album. So be it.

As for my comment. The music has to move me first. Lyrics play a very negligible part in my love for a song or an album.