Thursday, December 01, 2011

I got lost somewhere between the 14th and 15th clause.... the 25 years rule seems arbitrary to me...I prefer rules easily understood when under the influence..in short , no rules...I agree we dont want all our music from 1965 to 95 ....and in short we all want to be the winner of this contest, (OK maybe Derek wants to be the winner more then most of us) ...
so why dont we allow anything any year any genre... In short , we use Marcs system for the basic format:

6 participants – names in a hat at the beginning of each so-called round. Names are drawn at random and that person (let’s say Stuart) is required to play 1 song. The next name drawn (let’s say Brian) is also required to play 1 song. The 4 non-participants then vote on the song that strikes them as being superior. Another name is then drawn from the hat (let’s say Kyle) and he has to play a song that then is pitted against the song last played (ie the song previously played by Brian) and another vote takes place.

but after this no rules....

Each person comes armed with their favorite tunes form any genre any year..... The beauty will be to wacth Brian beat Kyles uber death metal song with a track by the Egolilies... In short you hear the challengers song and then you can try to beat it with any song from any decade or genre.....damn simple....and the art is listening to the opening tracik and thinking about what type of song is best to beat it , there on the spot...

you can coin toss to decide who plays first vs who challenges....no one can complain they were stuck with a crappy year or genre

s

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea, I really think Stuart is the smartest operson in this group

Anonymous said...

I agree, And he is much better looking themn th e others too

Stacy said...

wow, who is this Stuart person, he really knows his stuff

Shelly said...

I have heard about him, he is married unfortunately....

xavier said...

ohhhhhhhhh he is a dreamboat, an architect, I met him once, wow...

Sybil said...

You sound like a man right up my alley(s).

shelly said...

I dont like that bitch sybil...
shes skanky