Friday, March 02, 2012

ah yes...I went to see the monkees at ontario Place around 1982 and recall Davy Jones' unorthodox comment about the 60's "I remember those days and I remember those gays , and I'm that man" WTF? Rob and I never could figure out what that meant coming from a straight man....
Notwithstanding the incoherant between song banter I remember dearly loving that day in the sun with rum and coke disguised in a slurpy cup or something like it baking on the grassy slopes....How many shows did I see at that greatest of venues in the summer? 30? 40?.....great show by the "non-band" .....of course I cant help but to say some of their best songs .....Im a believer, Little bit me and Look out here comes tomorrow are of course by this little known fellow whom Mike G and I love...of course I could just as well of picked this photo instead..
but I digress.......
good night Davey......

1 comment:

mgaines said...

I also saw the Monkees on a reunion tour - might have been around the same time. Mickey's voice was still every bit as good, and the band all looked energetic and healthy except Mr. Jones. He looked like the years had taken their toll, but he was still trying to play the role of the hearththrob.