Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Taking awhile to warm up to the new Field Music; seems like they've been listening to a lot of Queen lately. Haven't listened to the new Bruce but I'm meh on Bruce at the best of times (ducking for cover). Bowerbirds is nice but very much a continuation of their previous discs. Ditto Yellow Ostrich, Damien Jurado, Andrew Bird. I've enjoyed their previous efforts so I should listen to them and all that but...just not psyched about doing so. Please chime in if you feel passionately about any of these and I'll give them some attention.

Thanks for the suggestions re: Soft Swells, which I'm giving my first spin right now, as well as the other suggestions.

Not sure if any of you have tried the new web-interface for Rdio but it's a nice improvement. Much closer to Itunes format, easier to create and add to playlists, and you can now shuffle through playlists, which is also nice. Still no ability to sort or shuffle by Genre, which I find a limiting, but shuffling through the collection, both online and through the 'Play Station' feature in the iphone/ipad app, are pretty cool.

No comments: