Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One album which I quasi-dissed at Stu's, labelling much too stylistically close to other gauzy, dreamy, slightly jangly guitar bands I'd be listening to this year (Porcelain Raft, Lower Dens) is Lotus Plaza's Spooky Action From a Distance. On subsequent listens, I think this is a gem. Reminiscent of Deerhunter at times, Stone Roses (vocally, some of the arrangements) at others. Definitely worth a listen and one I wish I'd played that evening.

Other big summer releases for me have been the latest from The Walkmen, which is great through and through. Listening right now to "The Witch" on Rdio confirms this. Another is the latest Spiritualized. Check these out if you haven't already done so.

Also, the most recent Arcade Fire disc, 2010's The Suburbs, has somehow really grown on me this summer. Seems to get better with each listen, which is somewhat rare. Not sure if any of you concur/differ.

No comments: