Thursday, November 25, 2004

Just to ease Marc's fears re Wilco I too am coming around to the pleasures of this disc. It was only this past weekend, listening to it for maybe the 6th or 7th time on my MD player, on a cold and overcast Saturday morning that it finally struck a chord. I don't think you can ever rush a Wilco record.

In contrast I picked up U2's latest on Tuesday given that it was available for $10.99, had been garnering decent reviews and the last disc I have of theirs is "Achtung Baby" and that was over a decade ago and like REM their mainstream success has never completely soured me on their music. The disc certainly has its merits the main one being that it's immediately likeable. Methinks however that like a Canadian in an Olympic 1500 metre race it wont stay the pace.

Like your idea Kyle with respect to our year end picks. Each of us should select 2 discs per week over the next 5 weeks and wax rhapsodic about them on the site. Looking forward to see who's been holding out with the hidden gems.

No comments: