Thursday, October 06, 2005

Even more revolting than smog in early October is the fine scent of pulp and paper mill 24 hours a day. I just spent three days in Thunder Bay (I get all the glamourous assignments) while not really spending more than a couple of hours in the city. I was immediately whisked off 400km to the west to lovely downtown Fort Frances where its been cold, wet and windy and today even had a whole shitload of wet snow. So needless to say the air was fresh but you wouldn't know it as the paper mill smell permeates pretty much everywhere you go. So be thankful you got to walk about in 26 degree weather for the last 4 days.

Glad to hear you liked the Smog and kudos to you for uncovering their (his?) total non connection to Golden Smog. At least you've been able to listen to some good music this week. On our 4 hour drive back to Thunder Bay this morning I got to listen to Eric Carmen's greatest hits amongst other fine CDs. Apparently Northern Ontario has yet to plug in to the new wave revolution. What I wouldn't have given to hear Blue Peter, BB Gabor or the Diodes. Maybe next time I'm up I'll take the first Tall Poppies disc and ease them in gently.

No comments: