Friday, October 07, 2005

It was great seeing you all last week at the cd club. Though I was pretty tired and at one point, freezing cold, it was a lot of fun.

Stuart, you mentioned the production values on the Kanye West disc. Turns out that Jon Brion is the producer. I was listening to an interview on the radio this week with Fiona Apple, who has a new album out (not interested, based on what I heard) and mentioned working with Jon Brion, a name I'd heard before. Apparently he has worked with Aimee Mann, Rufus Wainright, and others . Keen your ears are, amigo.

Marc, if you have the list of music somewhere, if you could cut and paste it here that would be bitchin'. Really liked the two Nicola Conte discs you brought though the rest of the selections are somewhat hazy. I recall hearing some Neil Young and Waterboys but the rest is a little hazy.

Derek, your Thunder Bay story puts me in much more positive frame of mind for my San Diego trip next week. Clearly, I've not got it so bad.

Brian, the baby out yet? Question, to you and others: top 5 songs with 'baby' in the title.

The list from which to choose astounds. Bon weekend.

No comments: