Thursday, March 08, 2007

Count me in as leaning more towards the Rex. The Lulu Lounge might as well be in downtown Prince Albert given how far it is from the centre of my universe.

Big day this past Tuesday with the release of both the Arcade Fire and new Dean Wareham/Britta Phillips (ex-Luna) discs. Picked them both up on Tuesday night, my first purchase of actual compact discs in 2007, and gave them a good spin while driving in the back and beyond of Brampton yesterday.

Not sure that the Arcade Fire disc is up to snuff and so far I'm liking more the Wareham/Phillips disc with it's mellow groove. Perhaps the overall gloom of the Arcade Fire disc just doesn't fit in with my desire to see winter get it's ass out of dodge and let spring move in. The disc that really fit in with my more spring like optimistic self was last years Band of Horses disc which gets better with every listen.

No comments: