Friday, March 16, 2007

Inspired by last night's jazz performance, I vow to learn to play the key-tar. Good call on the resto, Marc and, um, nice legs. Music at the Rivoli was fantastic as usual....some followup notes:

The song I was trying to identify and incorrectly pegged as a Goo Goo Dolls song is 'Shimmer' by Fuel ("She calls me from the cold/ Just when I was low/feeling short of stable....chorus: too far away for me to hold/too far away"). Also, for those who give a crap, the band whose name I recalled as having the word 'Poppies' in it was actually 'The Lilac Time', who were around in the late 80s, early 90s and fronted by Stephen 'Tin Tin' Duffy who had a bigger solo hit in the mid-80s with 'Kiss Me' ("...with your mouth/your love is better than wine..."). Oh, and they never did a version of 'Love Vigilantes' by New Order. The correct answer there was: Radiogram.

The compilation series I was thinking of was titled, Indie Top 20, an example of which can be seen here. The discs I had are listed here and here but there are sadly no photos of the covers, which were cool.

No comments: