Friday, May 08, 2009

I'm sure I'd still enjoy the episode where the Keaton parents return home to full-on homecoming party featuring a kangaroo in their livingroom. The father's line and its delivery were fantastic: "Parents expect some unpleasantry when they leave their kids at home for the weekend. A cracked dish. A stain on the carpet. There was a kangaroo in our living room....."

Also, Derek did mention Babe, which I happened to hear on satellite radio yesterday while driving a rental car. Yes, there are folks out there who shell out a monthly fee for Styx. Yowsa.

Btw...anyone listen to the new Patrick Watson disc? My father-in-law was raving about it on the weekend. I've liked his last two but kind of get the feeling that this might be one of those artists who fall into the 'if you have two of their discs you really don't need anymore' category? I'm thinking of other Cdn artists like Ron Sexsmith and Rufus Wainwright category-wise.

No comments: