Monday, May 25, 2009

wow, I had missed that....Really crappy....I agree that Wilco has not been as great since he has left. hard to say wether that is because of his missed contributions or if the band had just naturally peaked and was going to come down anyways, but I think it more likely the former. The current band sound is definately 2 dimensional now and his varied musicianship combined with his songwritting abilities as well as his ability to criticise Tweedy directly and increasingly indirectly must surely have been positive creative factors for the band. After watching that movie I doubt anyone in the current band cricticises the new Wilco material much as it is being developed. With myself being in a creative partnership and similarily with the other partner being the primary name, I know how difficult his footsteps had to be......
a sad day indeed.......

No comments: