Monday, May 04, 2009

Styx! That reminds me - we forget to mention Babe...

It's funny how that works - I remember really enjoying "Family Ties" back in my early to mid twenties. Caroline and I used to watch it religiously on Thursday nights before I headed out to my weekly hockey game. I've since since an occasional episode, and I've been surprised at how terrible it is. Apart from Michael J. Fox's appealing caricature, there is nothing to recommend that show. And even that wears thin fast. Still, I don't think there's a point in beating oneself up over these things. It's all about time and place, and stage of life. There's no point in trying to go back, but there's also no need to be ashamed of all of those points along the way. The intriguing thing to me is to look ahead and wonder what I'm enjoying now that is going to seem completely unbearable to my future self.

No comments: