Monday, April 12, 2010

Yes - that is exactly my problem, Stuart! I currently have a 50 song subscription to emusic. I'm not buying much additional music these days - I completely agree that emusic's catalog is too limited to be my sole source of music, but I'm currently operating on a constrained budget while I wait for some company to recognize the obvious benefits of adding me to their staff. Corporate hiring managers have proven to be remarkably dim-witted about that. Nonetheless, even at 50 new songs per month, I am not able to fully digest everything. I generally need to hear a new album 3-5 times before I can fully form my opinion of it. But between listening to the new music and revisiting old favorites, it can take a very long time for me to get those listens in. Consequently, I have a large and growing amount of music that I don't even know if I really like or not. I've taken to loading up my ipod with the latest 3-4 months of additions plus a selection of older music, and then listening to the albums in alphabetical order, which intersperses the new and the old. My other problem is that I have so many albums now that I find it daunting to select them, either for loading onto the ipod or for playing on my home system.

No comments: